Mr Majed Shabbir
Mr Majed Shabbir
Area of expertise: urology, andrology, genito-urethral reconstruction, infertility
Majed Shabbir was appointed as a consultant urological surgeon to Guy's and St Thomas' in 2012. He completed a two year fellowship program in penile cancer, andrology and genito-urethral reconstruction at The Institute of Urology, University College Hospital London, and also trained with the penile cancer and genito-urethral reconstruction team at St. George’s Hospital London.
He performs a range of general urological procedures and has a specialist interest in genital reconstruction, urethroplasty, Peyronie’s disease, erectile dysfunction including implant surgery, and the investigation and management of male factor infertility.
Majed organises and runs national postgraduate andrological training courses for the BAUS section of andrology including the microsurgical vasectomy reversal / infertility course and the AGOUR course for the FRCS (Urol).
He's also the lead clinician for the University Hospital Lewisham urology service and is a clinical and educational supervisor for foundation year and specialty training doctors.
• Education and training
• St. George’s Hospital Medical School, London BSc (Hons) 1994 MBBS 1997
• South Thames Training Rotation 2004-2010
• MD University of London 2007
• FRCS (Urol) Royal College of Surgeons, England 2009
• Penile Cancer/ Reconstructive Andrology Fellowship The Institute of Urology UCH, London 2010-2012
• Specialist interests
• general urology
• genital reconstruction including surgical treatment of Peyronie’s disease
• erectile dysfunction including penile prosthesis surgery
• male factor infertility
• genital malignancies
• treatment of male incontinence.
• Research interests
Majed’s research doctorate investigated novel signaling pathways in advanced urological malignancies.
He's published a number of clinical papers on genital reconstruction and penile cancer as well as several book chapters on penile reconstructive surgery and penile cancer.
• Royal College of Surgeons of England Simpson Research Fellowship Grant supported by the T R Golden Charitable Trust (2002)
• International Cardura Award for Urological Research (2003)
Also has a profile on: https://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/186892/mr_majed_shabbir
• Natasha Rooney
• London Bridge Hospital 27 Tooley Street LONDON SE1 2PR
• 0844 414 5392
• 020 7403 1664
Anaesthetists worked with(Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
• Dr Neena Seth
• Dr Vanessa Skelton