Matthew Bultitude graduated from this hospital in 1997. He undertook surgical training in various hospitals around South East England and a fellowship year in Melbourne at The Alfred Hospital. Finally he completed a year of sub-specialist training in the stone unit at Guy's and St Thomas’ before taking up his consultant appointment.
He undertakes a wide range of general urological procedures and has a specialist interest in the medical and surgical aspects of stone disease.
He has been involved for a number of years with the committee of the national registrar’s organisation (SURG) and the council of the urology section of the RSM.
- Best presentation at the Royal Society of Medicine Urology Short Papers meeting 2000.
- Best presentation at the BAUS Section of Endourology Annual Meeting, October 2003.
- 3rd prize, Short Papers Meeting, Royal Society of Medicine, October 2009.
- Best presentation at the Royal Society of Medicine Clinicopathology meeting, March 2010.
- 3rd prize, Communication Meeting, Royal Society of Medicine, May 2010
- Best Paper at BAUS Annual Conference, June 2010